Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Drive Across New York State!!!

Hello Fellow Wandering Travelers!!!

Today, I started in the southwest corner of New York State and ended in about the middle of the east side of the state!!!

Now I have a question!!!??? What famous place is located in the northwest part of New York State!!?? Any guesses???? A hint - lots of water!!!

Yes you guessed it --- it is Niagara Falls!!!! And what trip through New Your State would be complete without a stop a Niagara Falls!!!???

Well, now you know what took up most of my day!! I decided to go to the falls --- last time I was there was in 1972 when I was driving a sports car back to Seattle, Washington from Virginia!!!

It's different, now!!! There are more walkways and viewing points to look at the falls from. There are also a lot more people walking around taking photos!!! And I took a lot of photos --- which I will add to this blog in the next few days. Why in a few days, you ask!!! Well, that is the second part of my long day!!!

I was all ready to go to an RV Park and as I got near it, I called to make sure there was room for me. Well, they had had a big storm, but they said it was okay to come ahead --- so I did!!! Turns out, the storm washed their main road out and so it was closed until a repair crew could fix it!!! I found this out when I got to within a few miles of the RV Park. Then I had to scramble to find another RV Park!! The closest one that I would stay at was about one hour back the way I had come --- near where I had called to see if the original RV Park had room!!!

Thus, I didn't get parked and set up until just before 9:00 PM!!! Right now, I am looking at taking a shower and going to bed --- it has been a long day!!!

So, with that, I will add the photos in a day or so!!! Then you can see Niagara Falls from my camera's eye!!!

With that, I will say Good Night!!!

Jon


Here it is, June 24th and I will add my photos of Niagara Falls to this BLOG Post. Here they are ---

Here are the famous Horse Shoe Falls ---






Here are the American Falls ---











Looking at the American Falls to the Horse Shoe Falls ---




And Looking at the boats that take the rain gear clad people into the mist of the falls ---









Well, that’s about all I have to say about today, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow.  

Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment