Friday, June 21, 2013

Spent all day in an Air Museum and Had Dinner with some new Ohio Friends.

Hello Fellow Wandering Travelers!!!

It is late and I spent all day at the Wright-Patterson AFB Museum. I will add my photos to this blogs tomorrow, so stay tuned!!!

I spent the evening having dinner and talking to two wonderful people. Lisa, who has a brother in the Seattle area that is a friend of mine, and her husband, Jerry. I had a great evening with them and had a great time talking about many things. Thank you, Lisa and Jerry, for spending the time with me. It was a great evening.

Well, it is midnight here and I must hit the road early to make my next campground. So I will say good-by for now and may God Bless you all!!!

Happy travels,

Jon

Here it is, June 24th and I am just now adding the photos from my visit to the above museum. Oh, well, here they are ---


One of the Wright Brothers first airplanes ---


The Red Baron is diving on Snoopy!!??


 
 Snoopy is on the ground with his Sopwith Camel ---


And attempt to make a helicopter - a auto-copter!!??


P-40 Warhawk ---


A B-25, Doolittle's airplane ---


A Spitfire (No, not my sports car!!) ---


A B-24 Liberator ---


Of course, I need to have a P-38 ---


What collection  would be complete without a B-17!!!



And then the P-51 Mustang ---


The German WW-II Rocket Plane!!


The German Fighter Jet!!


Of course, the B-29 ---


And then there is the remote control plane of today!!!


And the modern F-22 ---


 The older B-47 (it took off using rocket packs) ---


The B-2, which is a lot bigger than you would think. It looks small, but I can almost walk under it without bending over!!!



The B-1, I have always liked this airplane, it just looks cool!!!


Another cool airplane is the Blackbird!!!


For all you older Popular Mechanics and Popular Science Magazine readers, The Dyna-Soar Project!!!



Well, That's all the photos that I am adding. There was so much to see that it took me all day. This museum has over six aircraft hangers full plus a few airplanes outside. This was one GREAT Museum!!!


Well, that’s about all I have to say about today, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow.

 Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment