Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Drove from New York to Massachusetts to Connecticut.


Hello Fellow Wayward Travelers!!!

Today I drove from New York State through Massachusetts and into Connecticut. I had planned on stopping in Massachusetts, but the museum I wanted to visit was hiding!!! I ended up stopping at an RV Park in Willington, Connecticut. Along the way, I did find an Airplane museum!!!

Anyway, I finished driving through New Your State. Here are a few photos from my truck's front windshield ---

 
 
 
 


And then I entered Massachusetts!!! Here are a few photos to make my friend Bobbie feel homesick!!!!

 
 
 
 


I tried to find the Springfield Armory Museum in Springfield, Massachusetts, but it kept in hiding, so I drove on to Connecticut!! Note – this is where the Springfield rifles were supposed to be made!!!!

My first stop in Connecticut was the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. It’s a smallish museum, but they have some very fine airplanes. And, they have some of the best from WW-II. Here are a few photos of what they have ---


P-47 Thunder Bolt ---


Douglas A-20 Havoc


Corsair ---



Douglas DC-3 (In Work) ---


Sikorsky Flying Boat (and is this thing BIG!!!) ---




Lockheed 10A Electra ---



And, of course the B-29 (only a few are in museums) ---



 
Of course, they did have a few cars ---

 A 1918 Ford Model T ---
 
A 1935 Ford Roadster ---

 
My favorite, a 1936 Chord ----

 
 
A 1938 Dodge Pickup ---

 
And, for you Jeep fans, a 1942 Jeep (made by Ford) ---



And, one motorcycle – a 1936 Indian ---

 


Since the Sikorsky Helicopter plant is in this area, there are a few helicopters in this museum ---

 A 1962 "Huey" from the Vietnam Era ---
 
A 1959 Raven ---

 
A 1943 Sikorsky R-4B (the first commercially built helicopter) ---

 
A Sikorsky "Seaguard" (a standard for the U.S. Coast Guard) ---

 
1958 Sikorsky Seabat ---

 
1947 Sikorsky S-51 ----

 
A 1946 Sicorsky R-6 ---

 
A 1955 Doman YH-31 ----

 
And the BIG Heavy Lifter, the 1962 Sikorsky Skycrane (with Sea container under it) ---



And my last shot is of the rush hour traffic that I got caught in!!!

 


Well, I am running out of time and things to say, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow.

Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment