Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Near St, Lous, Missouri


Hello Fellow Wayward Travelers!!!

Today, I have been on the road for 31 days! Yet, it only seems like yesterday that I left home in Marysville, Washington to take this road trip!! How time DOES fly when you are having FUN!!! Do you think that I will be home by this time in July --- we’ll see!!!!

Well, not much happened today!! I basically drove about 200 miles on the freeway to go from Independence, Missouri to St. Charles, Missouri. A few things happened along the way!!! I saw a sign for a Starbucks Store and got off the freeway to get my mocha!! I got lost!!! I didn’t find the store and finally found the freeway to get heading east again. Then I saw another sign for a Starbucks Store, but this time I was very careful and got to the store, got my mocha, and got back to the freeway!!! Getting lost is no big deal – I get to see some great county that way!!! BUT, getting lost pulling a trailer is a big deal because you never know when you may come to a dead end and have to back up and/or turn around!!! Have you ever tried to back a trailer up --- I’m getting good at it, myself!!!

The only other thing about driving from one place to another is the scenery!!! This country is so beautiful that it is hard to describe!!! Anyway, here are a few photos of Missouri country side from the inside of a pickup doing 65 MPH down the freeway (yes, I should stop and take the photos, but the police frown on pulling over to the side of the freeway to take photos!!!) Anyway, enjoy my blurry photos ---



The rolling hills of Missouri --- 
 
 
 
The Flat Lands of Missouri ---
 
 
 
The woods of Missouri ---
 
 
 
 
 
The rocks of Missouri --- 
 

And, the occasional Traveling Old Car Show of Missouri ---

 
 
Well, I am running out of things to say, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow. This time I will show you the St. Louis Arch and a Transportation Museum. Sounds like fun, right!!!???

Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment