Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drove from St. Charles, Missouri thru Illinois, thru Indiana, to Dayton, Ohio!!!


Hello Fellow Wayward Travelers!!!

Well, my plan for today was to do a lot of driving!!! I wanted to get to Dayton, Ohio by the end of the day. That meant driving about 300 to 350 miles on the freeway with few stops for site seeing!!! And that is what I did!!!

I left St. Charles, Missouri and drove east through the rest of Missouri (not very much left to drive through, actually). Then I entered the state of Illinois! Didn’t do much here except stop for gas!! Then I left Illinois and entered Indiana!! Bought some more gas!!! I then drove around Indianapolis, stopped for gas and a walk at a rest stop, then hit the road again!! Then I left Indiana and entered Ohio and drove to Brookville, Ohio which is just east of Dayton, Ohio. Here I stopped at a KOA Kampground to spend two nights. Why two nights you may ask!!! Well, so that I can spend all day in one of the oldest air museums in the USA – The Wright-Paterson AFB Museum. Besides, I understand that the Wright Brothers are from around here somewhere and there may be a museum on just them – I can only hope!!!

Now I didn’t stop and see the sites, but I did take photos from the moving truck!!! From Missouri to Ohio, I can tell one thing about the land --- it’s FLAT!!! They do try to make it look like it has hills by planting a lot of trees, but it’s FLAT!!! Here are my photos to prove it ---

 






Now there is one thing other that I noticed --- they are working on all the roads that I drive on!!! Here is the sign that I saw most often and here is the usual view in front of the truck ---

 
 


I know you have all heard me complain about crossing state lines and never seeing anything special!!! Well, I now stand corrected!!! OHIO is now my favorite state for border crossings!!! With Ohio, you know you are entering a new state!! Look at this ---

 


Guess what??? I crossed into another time zone and nobody told me!!! I happened to look at my cell phone and it was an hour later than my trailer and truck clocks. So I looked up the time zones on the internet and yep, I am now in the Eastern Time Zone!!! So, it may be 6:00 PM at my house in Marysville, WA, but its 9:00 PM here in Ohio!!! Opps, I lost another hour!!!

Well, that’s about all I have to say about today, and I have no more photos, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow with a lot of airplane photos (I hope!!!).

Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment