Monday, June 17, 2013

A day of Rest, Repair, Clean, and Plan!!


Hello Fellow Wayward Travelers!!!

Well, as I said yesterday, not much would happen today!! It was to be a day of preparation!!! I have driven my truck 5,000 miles since I started this trip and I needed to get it in for an oil change and a check over. So that is what I did this morning. Then, I took it to a car wash and got the bugs and dust from seven states washed off!!! Now it is nice and shiny and ready for another 5,000 miles of driving.

After I got back to the trailer, I cleaned out the inside of it. I didn’t do the outside so the bugs and dust from seven states will stay and more will be added as I go to the East Coast and back!! When I get back to Marysville I will let anyone who wants --- try to identify the smashed bugs!!?? I bet I will have no takers!!!

Then I sat down and planned a rough trip and schedule to the East Coast. According to my very rough schedule, I will be in the Cape Cod area in about a week and then I will go to the very tip of Maine. Then I will find Highway 2 and drive it back home. So, in about two weeks, I will be on my way home!! That should take three weeks by itself!! I haven’t put together a schedule for that, yet.

As I said before, on Tuesday I will be hitting the road to drive to St. Louis, Missouri so that I can go through the St. Louis Arch Museum. I will stay two nights there so I can have a full day in St. Louis!! I have found that they also have a transportation museum that sounds like just the place for me to visit!!!

Well, I am running out of things to say, and I have no photos, so, with that, I will go for now, but I will see you all again tomorrow.

Again, to quote that great comedian, Red Skelton, "Good Night and May God Bless!"

Happy Trails ---- Jon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment